Homeowners Insurance Information
Homeowners Insurance Portland
Because everyone's homeowners insurance needs are not the same, it is best to consult your agent to help assess your needs and find the Portland homeowners insurance that is right for you.
Homeowners Insurance Portland FAQs
What is Homeowners insurance?
Homeowners insurance in Portland from Hecht & Hecht Insurance Agency Inc.provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.
Portland Homeowners insurance from Hecht & Hecht Insurance Agency Inc. is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. This includes damage caused by household pets.
Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant homeowners insurance Portland excptions are damage caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. You must buy two separate policies for flood insurance and earthquake insurance coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners' responsibility.
Why do you need Portland homeowners insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That's important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require homeowners insurance.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance in Portland is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask your Portland homeowners insurance agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your homeowners insurance Portland paperwork so you know exactly what's included and what is not.
Things to consider and questions to ask your Portland Homeowners Insurance Agent.
Here are few things to discuss with your Portland homeowners insurance agent that will influence your decisions.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask your Portland insurance agent to talk you through your home's features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
- Does the Portland Homeowners insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policies, security system and fire resistance discounts.)
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
- Do you offer Home and Auto Insurance? Purchasing Portland homeowners insurance with your Portland auto insurance might be able to save you money.
Contact Us for Homeowners Insurance in Portland
Hecht & Hecht Insurance Agency Inc. in Portland
We have been members of the Portland community for years. We're proud to be a part of one of the greenest cities in the world. Portland is out home and we want to make sure that you and your family is safe and secure for any situation the future may hold.
More Detailed Information about Homeowners Insurance
Hecht & Hecht Insurance Agency Inc.
425 Northeast Hancock Street
, OR 97212
insurance, homeowners insurance, home insurance
For more detailed information about homeowners insurance click here.